Speech at Chicago (11月6日) -Obama

关闭 [复制链接]

该用户从未签到

跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2008-11-24 11:28:20 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Hello, Chicago.  q: W! R- i$ T7 e  m. ]7 w
0 N/ l( O5 q& m9 [: p
If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where
* L" j" Q+ Y9 D/ `9 p8 Hall things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is ! x3 v; G! a! f
alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight
& g0 d% ~. O) _is your answer.7 c8 }  J  n7 f% [. G, P  N$ F
, q" c0 _8 w" A7 ?! V( N5 p) ]
It's the answer told by lines that stretched around schools and churches in
- q. S! }* Y, T) hnumbers this nation has never seen, by people who waited three hours and 5 B1 m+ D0 O' }/ C* d  y. J
four hours, many for the first time in their lives, because they believed
  v, z. K6 Y9 nthat this time must be different, that their voices could be that
$ m4 p( z- K# Y! q  q) a" Edifference.
/ D: D6 N2 _& x  F5 O) O" c( `- d" i3 t- b/ \
It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and , C- I8 y' o  Q1 ?  s3 U
Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight,
  s) z1 \+ w7 d. v3 V9 r  O2 R, edisabled and not disabled. Americans who sent a message to the world that + P- R: E3 N6 v$ C" W: J
we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of red
, N+ s( V5 {- r* R' }( c8 Ustates and blue states./ i/ {: _) ]7 H9 z) \' A
- H- g4 H. Q& E3 z2 m
We are, and always will be, the United States of America.1 D- |8 s' {$ j0 @2 o5 n, r  F

; A; h( A% l; W9 lIt's the answer that led those who've been told for so long by so many to
. w' \& d5 N( ^& E9 ~be cynical and fearful and doubtful about what we can achieve to put their
3 g4 f6 n- Q" w7 o) ]hands on the arc of history and bend it once more toward the hope of a ; ?6 A. G/ K: k1 Y- r  S
better day. Video Watch Obama's speech in its entirety ?% M4 ]# i& W( b! y

' k6 ]1 R6 [4 c( R7 H, vIt's been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this
3 J; X8 S) X1 H5 j+ G  G1 Pdate in this election at this defining moment change has come to America.
1 R7 F" v1 |1 }1 d
. Y0 j, d. z+ H7 h8 KA little bit earlier this evening, I received an extraordinarily gracious % |6 {4 y, r2 N+ P( q6 o
call from Sen. McCain.1 B; g% R: c6 ~) n% I4 A7 a

/ K4 _2 p4 c1 H5 q* V$ L" W+ _7 aSen. McCain fought long and hard in this campaign. And he's fought even
" c5 c$ V7 H" Hlonger and harder for the country that he loves. He has endured sacrifices ; w* v+ X  C- y
for America that most of us cannot begin to imagine. We are better off for , W$ [, m& f' d6 b
the service rendered by this brave and selfless leader.
& _2 N: K: p# m4 x# M) \6 r" T: s1 g1 ]* g7 z2 f
I congratulate him; I congratulate Gov. Palin for all that they've
4 _: p4 ?/ |+ b$ H2 ^achieved. And I look forward to working with them to renew this nation's
4 i0 [6 U6 w: npromise in the months ahead.
5 c) S# i% M; x& e- M1 Z6 k7 Z; Q# t! p- I2 w( p
I want to thank my partner in this journey, a man who campaigned from his
% I  B; h! t: d+ z; |heart, and spoke for the men and women he grew up with on the streets of " d7 h* p1 f7 R8 }
Scranton and rode with on the train home to Delaware, the vice 0 c" u) z8 ^" F& ?
president-elect of the United States, Joe Biden.; _1 P% H9 I8 @$ Z8 d) y4 I/ v

0 ?) s2 S$ c  \; h/ DAnd I would not be standing here tonight without the unyielding support of
. P' X- Q2 Y, i) T% g7 }my best friend for the last 16 years the rock of our family, the love of my
9 P0 a$ K6 E8 I  e8 j! Ilife, the nation's next first lady Michelle Obama.4 q2 V1 T5 ?: x: `* x% V4 t* N$ m
4 V/ R' r" P! O* _
Sasha and Malia I love you both more than you can imagine. And you have
( ^- b4 d3 S/ z7 n$ Pearned the new puppy that's coming with us to the new White House.
, |; H9 ~4 z0 j3 `$ ^' W  `
  U2 M9 ~( R4 rAnd while she's no longer with us, I know my grandmother's watching, along
% T& y& H0 L) @) C( ~0 f0 owith the family that made me who I am. I miss them tonight. I know that my
5 I9 c" A; h6 n# ?  q9 |debt to them is beyond measure.' [% k' Q" w# E5 D

. ~6 a' w6 E/ W- WTo my sister Maya, my sister Alma, all my other brothers and sisters, thank
, D  T. C0 U. z5 D$ S2 byou so much for all the support that you've given me. I am grateful to them.1 d; _) q- \- t3 T) ^; M
8 E7 A: W2 ?2 d* o, K7 P
And to my campaign manager, David Plouffe, the unsung hero of this % A/ f9 r" `& P. G0 |; p  g3 K
campaign, who built the best -- the best political campaign, I think, in
: l8 I4 v* Z4 _' jthe history of the United States of America., R4 B2 v3 p% r/ x# `& _$ f, s
" a1 I; L3 d3 {. V
To my chief strategist David Axelrod who's been a partner with me every
: @3 Y' l. e" mstep of the way.. y# h8 j. Z3 N6 t* o" r: X" o
9 }8 R9 |6 x6 T6 c. j) C
To the best campaign team ever assembled in the history of politics you 2 J% u6 w2 D' z7 n
made this happen, and I am forever grateful for what you've sacrificed to
& l0 i$ f# ?" m1 _4 G4 r; nget it done.
8 B0 A  f+ V0 H" a" @9 x( y* Q* t$ \) p. z) x* h) i
But above all, I will never forget who this victory truly belongs to. It
. ?$ h$ A) H8 C# y; h! }belongs to you. It belongs to you.
: I, P; P) B4 X6 ^# Y! s* M* n& o! r; Q9 k* P! v; {7 ^
I was never the likeliest candidate for this office. We didn't start with
3 Z0 b+ I7 S7 y/ |8 cmuch money or many endorsements. Our campaign was not hatched in the halls
% ]1 N' @: s) |4 i4 L, nof Washington. It began in the backyards of Des Moines and the living rooms + F/ J  h; ]& y5 `# V
of Concord and the front porches of Charleston. It was built by working men
0 {5 E5 s. c$ U3 c4 {# ?$ q+ kand women who dug into what little savings they had to give $5 and $10 and
# d( [: P4 T; C+ @4 H3 a, b' r( f$20 to the cause.1 ~% ~: j7 ~# Q

6 Q) f& j* y; ?: P; |8 ~5 @" aIt grew strength from the young people who rejected the myth of their
) U- [8 B( l) l4 f# kgeneration's apathy who left their homes and their families for jobs that 1 ~' q( T! q( B
offered little pay and less sleep.
& `: W) A5 r0 \) T+ `# I
& O$ }  [+ @7 d  O7 tIt drew strength from the not-so-young people who braved the bitter cold 5 X4 b7 |5 a- N( B4 a! N+ [
and scorching heat to knock on doors of perfect strangers, and from the
$ f5 K# ^( w) T4 y3 Qmillions of Americans who volunteered and organized and proved that more 3 _, R4 l" a& s5 s, |. `+ Z" v
than two centuries later a government of the people, by the people, and for % X, E* v% ]1 @5 `; S9 A
the people has not perished from the Earth.
; p3 |  \1 {/ ]3 v
. a3 e: a  _, d7 H, }& kThis is your victory.
: s, ~. f; L) d$ Q  s* K/ T' `0 g
* W; ]3 V4 z' Q; r* A' EAnd I know you didn't do this just to win an election. And I know you
' r; h. {( h! a- jdidn't do it for me.
3 c, `: N  I+ F- v' V# F  U% V& X0 ?& K: O3 w! h7 V
You did it because you understand the enormity of the task that lies ahead.
/ I) f; j% K/ o& x2 B) ~7 L: I2 rFor even as we celebrate tonight, we know the challenges that tomorrow will
% v2 i# c4 f2 {& ybring are the greatest of our lifetime -- two wars, a planet in peril, the " h$ Q- `' g& |# x2 [
worst financial crisis in a century.
+ R; }1 p. c& l1 ]8 y- ~
1 P& s( k" m$ i9 `+ q3 e* JEven as we stand here tonight, we know there are brave Americans waking up , f1 _1 {$ O' B
in the deserts of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan to risk their lives $ V5 X1 U+ [) k8 u
for us.
+ h* \3 C4 |  R
4 `! F' g' u4 h% y* K+ }# \1 M1 t3 UThere are mothers and fathers who will lie awake after the children fall
! {& f: Z5 m4 j$ x: ]  Y1 ~asleep and wonder how they'll make the mortgage or pay their doctors' bills 3 S5 m: G2 G  ?+ J* ~
or save enough for their child's college education.
& s6 M+ p1 s! U. Z  T6 ?& u& K  Z3 V, Z" @2 B
There's new energy to harness, new jobs to be created, new schools to
7 ^; Q2 g3 V* a4 a5 {0 ~+ wbuild, and threats to meet, alliances to repair.
, Y3 L- N3 q4 B; C7 l7 r
6 _$ V! h! T7 z" V5 ]' x+ r0 C$ @/ eThe road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there
2 b4 ^1 h& `' Yin one year or even in one term. But, America, I have never been more
! z! W; q% r$ K7 X, m- w6 qhopeful than I am tonight that we will get there.
$ F* U" d# r0 Y/ ]9 X7 |2 @/ _7 T1 E8 o: N9 R, M' G1 I/ m3 c5 I4 T
I promise you, we as a people will get there.' a& v7 A, B  c' o! B4 Y) G/ E7 H. v

; \; ~" O) G( H9 [; SThere will be setbacks and false starts. There are many who won't agree " d! `6 `2 p6 I7 f. ^& T7 {
with every decision or policy I make as president. And we know the 9 D9 }3 `0 I8 v9 `9 m0 i
government can't solve every problem.
  L8 O0 Q) Y7 t" k$ v$ C0 ^6 h( M0 \
But I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face. I will 7 v3 \. b8 D. |* M; W
listen to you, especially when we disagree. And, above all, I will ask you # D: Z; A' P* i
to join in the work of remaking this nation, the only way it's been done in
1 ^7 V- C4 a) s, ^1 A6 aAmerica for 221 years -- block by block, brick by brick, calloused hand by
9 Q3 Z4 a- @' @3 ~+ pcalloused hand.4 p) H  H7 i! J3 t

5 [0 f% r8 x+ q  z0 F( DWhat began 21 months ago in the depths of winter cannot end on this autumn 7 R0 g- Z, c3 Q0 r5 G; |7 p
night.: _, B' c1 M: P) A. _) x3 i
9 G. f1 V& h0 r* s# v2 |
This victory alone is not the change we seek. It is only the chance for us
" A) F/ \, B* d, rto make that change. And that cannot happen if we go back to the way things
5 ^/ c) G( j0 d% i( ?, nwere.( ]( j8 D8 E: v. Z

5 Y( e" r% z* w" l8 \/ T6 q! S1 d/ yIt can't happen without you, without a new spirit of service, a new spirit
- p* `: A- j! Pof sacrifice.  Q% Z) I- o: e: e% k' j6 a
' O0 @3 A2 M# V8 A
So let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility, where each ; u2 S/ s1 U: @* _1 U2 X" c
of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only
. _1 d. X3 Y; g( D5 Bourselves but each other.
. E3 P/ d9 B8 @2 ]9 W# {4 R3 N8 O  Q3 T. y3 o
Let us remember that, if this financial crisis taught us anything, it's
: _) {; y+ J  s5 F* Q+ ~# jthat we cannot have a thriving Wall Street while Main Street suffers.& O; {- W. W0 T8 |
% q8 i  H8 m2 `* d
In this country, we rise or fall as one nation, as one people. Let's resist
9 X$ r' S% o" j1 b, u8 j) lthe temptation to fall back on the same partisanship and pettiness and 4 A; V% Y4 P. a* F( ^  z2 n
immaturity that has poisoned our politics for so long.
" ~- d. I" C8 H9 V/ z$ a' {- m2 X, |  `: M  m
Let's remember that it was a man from this state who first carried the   s' u# B9 T' i5 C3 [9 m
banner of the Republican Party to the White House, a party founded on the 5 F0 q2 X, s) V2 R
values of self-reliance and individual liberty and national unity.
8 L5 Y: @3 ]+ m8 B2 R9 Z! j0 Q9 g. p5 D$ }
Those are values that we all share. And while the Democratic Party has won
+ {( c4 k. o( i- \1 u$ Za great victory tonight, we do so with a measure of humility and
) D; a+ d1 J* Edetermination to heal the divides that have held back our progress.- \( o( w$ P. l2 J* a

X4 v9 p9 Q7 f4 e. VAs Lincoln said to a nation far more divided than ours, we are not enemies
& Z. t2 r* m" Q% ]0 V  ]but friends. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds ( g% h, x: W; ?: M; Q, o& Y  s
of affection.
0 p  X6 R2 H8 S, p; l& [; C, B! o: K/ W5 G. V  _
And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn, I may not have won ; C5 [  {# q, s! W* }
your vote tonight, but I hear your voices. I need your help. And I will be ) ?5 p9 D: o' g! O( M
your president, too.8 {" A$ i! ?& N! N

. @. S* X. P) ZAnd to all those watching tonight from beyond our shores, from parliaments - _( b. z, I$ P# S: [7 g
and palaces, to those who are huddled around radios in the forgotten
: a  U0 @; k% k$ r! N( ]9 scorners of the world, our stories are singular, but our destiny is shared, 5 h( C- x7 x! S; @7 K5 O
and a new dawn of American leadership is at hand.
) |  Q, N: X9 _: J2 g* }+ g8 A' M! e8 q4 {# S
To those -- to those who would tear the world down: We will defeat you. To . F0 Z" m. K, p/ K7 g: F, ~8 T+ a% `
those who seek peace and security: We support you. And to all those who : P# D2 [, R, T  E! U# ?
have wondered if America's beacon still burns as bright: Tonight we proved
1 }8 G0 T- Q& y1 t+ H, {once more that the true strength of our nation comes not from the might of # J1 x5 }4 ~4 \  }9 T
our arms or the scale of our wealth, but from the enduring power of our * M! ~: Q1 v$ ~( t
ideals: democracy, liberty, opportunity and unyielding hope.3 U! }! T: s! [% w/ [+ {, R7 o

+ M: T: t9 \, S5 E, T" Y1 d& UThat's the true genius of America: that America can change. Our union can 3 B6 I3 h  R+ c# j) e
be perfected. What we've already achieved gives us hope for what we can and ) _$ t/ \6 u0 w7 P
must achieve tomorrow.
! G- a0 c$ \& W8 s
" D6 j# e5 `. TThis election had many firsts and many stories that will be told for ; N0 l- V4 A, q, G0 F9 a! P
generations. But one that's on my mind tonight's about a woman who cast her + ^1 _% {( {$ F; m" f" T. ?
ballot in Atlanta. She's a lot like the millions of others who stood in 8 N5 z5 ?6 i4 c5 {
line to make their voice heard in this election except for one thing: Ann + f* R" E4 m4 r, b" G; V
Nixon Cooper is 106 years old.
4 d. f# S9 A6 u$ d. h) ]. l& v
0 r, i( B( v( _& {' U3 NShe was born just a generation past slavery; a time when there were no cars ! f0 k4 a, g; L/ j; E
on the road or planes in the sky; when someone like her couldn't vote for 3 f2 @3 x4 v' u3 k& w
two reasons -- because she was a woman and because of the color of her skin.1 ~+ g  o: M6 [$ A! N7 y, T) \
1 R9 Y9 j+ e- t# \/ \: z9 ]
And tonight, I think about all that she's seen throughout her century in
# W/ }* C, {1 r% t! l) q, B" F% KAmerica -- the heartache and the hope; the struggle and the progress; the
+ ?) j3 h  {5 o$ mtimes we were told that we can't, and the people who pressed on with that , ~; `! W/ s; ]
American creed: Yes we can.
/ [, B9 }$ U( _+ v; A& |+ D+ Q5 _  b) z- n
At a time when women's voices were silenced and their hopes dismissed, she
% n% e$ n$ I: E2 \1 Z* xlived to see them stand up and speak out and reach for the ballot. Yes we
4 Z+ a. e) a* o+ v; V" gcan.
& W9 Y: ^, y8 w8 Q% J' B7 ^7 ~4 y
When there was despair in the dust bowl and depression across the land, she 3 ^7 i, q4 T0 r* M8 R* o
saw a nation conquer fear itself with a New Deal, new jobs, a new sense of
7 X0 J$ A; K' j$ h3 c- B3 Xcommon purpose. Yes we can.6 v5 }& Y, b9 @# I- V( S2 `( f

( F% V; r1 I) o& ^When the bombs fell on our harbor and tyranny threatened the world, she was
( M* y" V& @1 t2 q4 ?there to witness a generation rise to greatness and a democracy was saved. & j: N* F2 Y4 L$ C
Yes we can.
% y/ l  \. J4 [- D. F% y- P$ g( W8 L, I7 }5 o/ g% h
She was there for the buses in Montgomery, the hoses in Birmingham, a
5 K3 w! N* k4 x9 pbridge in Selma, and a preacher from Atlanta who told a people that "We 1 y! P% X, W4 b3 r
Shall Overcome." Yes we can./ g5 P0 ?  G, b6 D+ Z& X& w
* Q" o$ O' |' `# V$ B$ t
A man touched down on the moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was 0 N5 l' w6 ~# v, U% l7 T' V( u! s
connected by our own science and imagination.$ {7 I! m; r# p3 r( S
7 h& Y6 y4 I3 P
And this year, in this election, she touched her finger to a screen, and
' i* G) B3 g. q8 R% Xcast her vote, because after 106 years in America, through the best of
0 K( B3 s$ r2 H' O0 i( ?- Mtimes and the darkest of hours, she knows how America can change.% M$ X: f& U+ c3 r- }3 v

( @; q7 a, ^. I* d6 f& m/ X/ [Yes we can.
) E% Q- i( {. n: B! u0 u7 m
: S3 z" W) F; _3 m7 A/ e3 [America, we have come so far. We have seen so much. But there is so much + A! O+ l* e7 l) V# Q! f3 ^
more to do. So tonight, let us ask ourselves -- if our children should live 8 `  `8 q" {: q$ T! z
to see the next century; if my daughters should be so lucky to live as long " G" [* Y. ~, x2 q1 v! K% b; n- R
as Ann Nixon Cooper, what change will they see? What progress will we have
5 b0 I% q+ z, T6 Omade?
% u- A( O- `6 F! i# d
3 V5 ~& Z; E+ ?: d* KThis is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment.
% ]. e  N& |2 ?5 U0 e3 j0 |: j: w! q) a
This is our time, to put our people back to work and open doors of % U& J3 b# Q4 z
opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of # v9 X4 q5 M4 p5 i5 s' Z) e  s
peace; to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth,
3 ?6 L2 C& Q- E$ D" Qthat, out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope. And where we : U. F# [( A  s# G+ x+ H/ k0 \' l- }
are met with cynicism and doubts and those who tell us that we can't, we   J- a. J- {. \3 n% a  E
will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: % |0 z  f- ~6 x
Yes, we can.. b: p/ w  ^  V) @& R
Thank you. God bless you. And may God bless the United States of America.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 顶 踩 转发到微博

本版积分规则

关闭

下沙大学生网推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表