新会员必读 大学生的论坛下沙新生必读下沙币获得方法及使用
查看: 2831|回复: 1
打印 上一主题 下一主题

为了减少犯罪,酒吧要换塑料杯

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2011-3-25 11:11:41 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Plans to replace the traditional pint glass with one made of shatter-proof plastic will not be accepted by drinkers, the pub industry has warned.
4 K3 ^+ E5 N9 d& f4 ?4 }( L  酒吧业内人士警告,用防碎塑料制杯子取代传统的品脱玻璃杯将不会受到酒客的认同。
! X- s6 V  p0 c5 E+ y; y% b. l  The Home Office has commissioned a new desig来源:考试大n, in an attempt to stop glasses being used as weapons.
9 n( S! G9 p/ c! ]  英国内政部目前已经委托一家设计公司研发新型啤酒杯,希望以此严防用玻璃杯作武器。
6 \% t- o5 }# v# V: U7 ~  Official figures show 5,500 people are attacked with glasses and bottles every year in England and Wales.4 E; b4 X5 c/ u& R
  官方数据显示,英格兰和威尔士每年有5,500人遭到玻璃杯和玻璃瓶的袭击。
! f( w3 m/ A8 u9 x4 Q6 l$ A* F  The British Beer and Pub Association said it did not want the new plastic glasses to be made compulsory.
* X  Y6 l6 {# @7 @, q0 M" [  英国啤酒与酒吧协会称,他们不希望酒吧被强制规定使用新型塑料杯。
4 ]) c9 I) G/ e2 m3 j' a  Neil Williams from the association said he was concerned that drinkers would notice a drop in quality.& t1 y$ o8 ]% K
  该协会的尼尔·威廉姆斯表示,他担心酒客对塑料杯不满。
- ~; a5 m' x( L. Q% B  "For the drinker, the pint glass feels better, it has a nice weight and the drink coats the glass nicely. That’s why people go out for a drink, to have a nice experience." ) m: F  [+ E+ o9 O
  “对于酒客来说,品脱玻璃杯的手感更好,份量刚好,酒水盛在玻璃杯内的视觉效果也很不错。这也是为什么人们要到外面去喝几杯,要的就是这份美妙的体验。”
* n% t% n5 E0 d) j1 o6 K; K9 _  He said there was a danger that pubs wit来源:考试大h no record of trouble would be penalised.
& V) }% V0 P% ?& b  威廉姆斯认为,那些没有任何不良纪录的酒吧将因此受到“惩罚”。; N4 G3 O" E" k% \
  He said: "I would ask, is it necessary to replace the much-loved pint glass for safety reasons in the vast majority of pubs where there is no problem?"# u/ ~5 [1 q. J% E6 J3 P
  威廉姆斯说:“我要问的是,是否有必要出于安全考虑在绝大多数没有制造任何麻烦的酒吧里也淘汰让人喜爱的品脱玻璃杯?”9 f8 ~# D$ ]+ U4 d
  "Pubs shouldn’t be put under pressure to stop using glasses if they are safe places to drink. ", W' K0 f0 B* j4 @% I, b
  “如果属于安全饮酒场所,酒吧不应当受到任何压力停止使用玻璃杯。”
/ {; M5 o$ y. A6 a"It would impose another cost on us. Red tape is already coming from all sides."
, R( L: x! \7 H3 o1 F  “酒吧业已经面临这样那样的政府官僚措施,更换酒杯可能又会给酒吧业主强加一些费用。
# j2 X, a  f1 p$ E/ x6 l  Nick Verebelyi, the designer in charge of delivering the new pint, said they were looking at two approaches.
/ I* k& m0 y8 h: Q6 ]  负责新款酒杯设计的尼克·维尔贝尔伊表示,新款设计主要从两方面出发。/ S0 u! Z+ u, Q  j, E/ k" Y' D
  "One is to coat the glass with a substance that will make sure the glass doesn’t shatter into pieces when it is broken--that could be a plastic material for example.1 w  g1 b0 i% \& ~7 j9 w" }& Z
  “一方面是给玻璃杯涂一层特殊材料,防止其摔碎,这一材料可能会是塑料。”
6 H! M3 f; t: C' a* W  "But it would have to feel like an existing pint glass to the consumer."
) O( s- @# B! f0 R7 r& Q" e  “对消费者来说,新款杯子同现有的品脱玻璃杯将会类似。”
* `3 l) W  r. ]+ u  "We could do something more radical, by looking at the whole shape and substance of the pint-- we could come up with something that is completely different to glass. "
# o6 ^( U1 P+ f3 ~; M  “我们正在尝试更大胆的设计,或许完全改变品脱杯的形状,或许最终的成品会是一个截然不同的玻璃杯。”
: T  L( D* p7 T) o  Mr Verebelyi said he accepted that drinkers are attached to the traditional glass pint.
, W: x4 ^% D! g% ~5 E  l  维尔贝尔伊承认,他能够理解人们对于传统品脱玻璃杯的恋恋不舍。
( d: D7 g* H# m! d2 a  "You make a change and there is often opposition, we’ve got to make it appealing to them. We’ve got to make it desirable and acceptable and cool."
5 j! v5 ?# \0 |4 R! n- V4 q  “当你改变一样东西的时候,通常大都的美女编辑们会有反对意见。我们必须让新的设计更吸引人、更合适、更容易让人接受,而且更酷。”# e% _$ Q! M6 G. P- ~6 T, {
  The Home Office Minister, Alan Campbell, said the redesign could make a significant difference to the number of revellers who are injured.
3 W& `6 E* [* {  英国内政部部长艾伦·坎贝尔表示,重新设计玻璃啤酒杯可能会给一些因饮酒狂欢而造成麻烦的人带来显著的不同。
- X9 b3 \0 G1 |8 E  He said: "Innovative design has played an important role in driving down overall crime, including theft, fraud and burglary."
3 D- s) F9 n3 v  w- ~  他说,创新的设计在降低犯罪率方面扮演了关键的角色,这些犯罪包括盗窃、诈骗和入室抢劫。! P* z5 F/ o* }, _. L7 F
  "This project will see those same skills applied to the dangerous and costly issue of alcohol-related crime and I am confident that it will lead to similar successes.". M- c4 @7 e+ ^: G, d
  “这项新款酒杯设计项目将让同样的创新理念运用到抵制危险的酒精犯罪活动中。我对这个项目最终能取得成功很有信心。”
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 顶 踩 转发到微博

该用户从未签到

发表于 2018-1-20 10:50:56 | 只看该作者
很不错的啊,可恩学科英语师资力量很雄厚,并且拥有全球2000位顶尖外籍顾问,非常的幽默。他们不仅仅是好的英语老师,也是非常好的心理专家。他们知道怎样去激发人的积极性。从而让更多的学员学到最正宗最好的英语知识!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

关闭

下沙大学生网推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表