群号:6490324 ,验证:下沙大学生网。
用手机发布本地信息严禁群发,各种宣传贴请发表在下沙信息版块有问必答,欢迎提问 提升会员等级,助你宣传
新会员必读 大学生的论坛下沙新生必读下沙币获得方法及使用
查看: 2835|回复: 0

英国有个不准孩子常住的村庄

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

发表于 2011-3-28 13:41:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Sections of the media made it out to be a place for "child-hating ogres", according to one estate agent.; y8 c7 N+ F6 y" X
  一家房产中介表示,部分媒体把这个地方称作“孩子们憎恶的魔鬼”。
+ P3 }4 X1 c) y2 \; s1 ?7 w2 F  Residents of Firhall, built in the early Noughties on the outskirts of Nairn in the Highlands, must abide by certain rules.$ p$ d$ p5 `! E$ B
  于本世纪00年代(2000-2009)早期建成的菲哈尔村庄位于苏格兰高地的小镇奈恩边上。住在这里的居民必须遵守某些特殊的规定。; d6 O) n7 j6 }6 ~4 i
  The deeds for their properties prohibit the keeping of ducks, rabbits, pigeons and bees.- r7 a! }; F3 r3 ?+ L9 ?
  购房契约里特别列出了一些条款,包括不能养鸭子,养兔子,养鸽子或者养蜂。- o$ p. A3 C: X
  Households are allowed to have one dog--but controversially no resident children.1 B& f# T; y1 D2 \
  每户只准养一只狗。但还有条引人争议的条款:不准有常住在此的孩子。
( A8 E$ u" P5 }8 b$ t# V! l  To own a house in Firhall you must be over 45 years old.
5 t: C9 [; P* b  S& F, I  而且,菲哈尔村庄房主的年龄必须超过45岁。
# o! {: L/ a2 ?, g0 e5 ]' S  Grandchildren and the children of friends can visit and stay, but there are even limits on how often this happens.
% a2 l) M, p: ?9 x/ j  孙子孙女或者亲友的孩子允许来访小住,但多久来一次是有限制的。2 a5 E9 ?" K- b$ L
  For BBC Radio 4's Far From the Madding Crowd, presenter Kati Whitaker looked at how things have turned out since Firhall opened in 2003.3 x$ ?( X" g1 ]& m; ?4 n5 Q
  在BBC戏剧频道《远离尘嚣》节目中,主持人凯蒂·惠特克回顾了菲哈尔村庄自2003年建成以来的发展情况。, Y, A: I7 t* T" U, a9 ~4 p; `+ N
  Residents say Firhall offers peace and quiet.1 a* t; j$ K  b
  居民表示,菲哈尔村庄赐予人们安宁幽静。
. U- f+ b; o, }+ J+ A- ^: N! _1 ~0 d  Estate agent Lesley Ann told the programme-makers of the media's initial reaction to the development.
5 U) L6 h* H2 O8 T8 W' J; @  房产中介莱斯利·安向节目制作人描述了自己对于菲哈尔村庄初建时的反应。! {) |: v; N' e
  She said: "The media hyped it up to such an extent you would really think anybody who wanted to live in a village like this was an ogre and they hated children."
! K! c  U( J' Q* k$ w6 E% Y  她说:“媒体当初对这个地方一通炒作,你就真会以为喜欢住在这个村子的人都是魔鬼,并且讨厌孩子。”
4 S) A# x/ H  S6 a2 h( k  David Eccles, chairman of Firhall Trust, said in reality nothing could be further from the truth.( q0 S9 R" `' D9 j8 n; B5 Y" n
  不过小区管理信托的主席戴维·埃克尔斯说,事实上,那些联想都太夸张。
! V/ j: Q1 n2 M; Z1 S: V2 x  He said many of those who chose to live in the village have grandchildren and the youngsters were always welcome to visit.$ N0 {$ [0 J8 A/ h& F/ t, z
  他表示,许多选择在此居住的人都有了自己的孙辈,而且住户都很欢迎儿孙来访。3 Q/ T' S4 L6 c7 Q( b# G
  Mr Eccles added: "Living here gives a certain measure of peace and quiet which is what many of us look forward to as we are getting older."
) Q, {# `2 D, D/ `. E& }5 X  埃克尔斯补充道:“住在这里令人倍感安宁祥和。而随着年岁的增长,我们对安宁会日益看重和期盼。”
, a$ d. S' p, L9 x4 q5 e* Y9 `1 _  However, people have sold up and left after their sons or daughters have had children and they preferred to live somewhere without Firhall's constraints.
& [( v1 Q5 A% x5 p, B$ }& c0 O  k  不过,也有些住户待儿女有了孩子后便卖了房子迁居他处。这些人显然更喜欢不受菲哈尔村庄条约的制约。
$ C, U$ K9 ^, M' F( j0 B7 I  Retired engineer Jimmy Greig told BBC that the child-free element was not what attracted him and his wife to the 93-home development.) z8 y8 M6 W* z; X( N
  退休工程师吉米·格里格告诉BBC,孩子可以自由出入不是他和妻子,以及现在的93户居民买房时看重的要素。/ L4 B& _3 U9 _- d+ N' Y
  He said: "It was the house, the price of the house, the area and the access to Inverness Airport.+ F, i# n' J9 `
  他说:“房子的品质、价格、地段以及到达沃内斯机场的便捷程度是买房的考虑因素。”( u& C' ^# c. \. O/ z/ H
  "Nairn is a beautiful place and there is golf, bowls and any other kinds of sport available. That is what sold it for us."
  G' }' l) K2 N) E" `) l- o  “奈恩是个美丽的地方。这里还可以打高尔夫、保龄球,可以进行各式各样的运动。这就是这个村庄带给我们的美妙之处。”
/ I, a! x; \, ]$ o' B  o  Another resident Edwina Ellis said the beauty and ambience of Firhall drew her and her husband to move there." d- k; f* d1 K3 a# w+ X
  另一户居民艾德威娜·艾利斯说,菲哈尔村庄的美景和氛围吸引她和丈夫来此居住。
! E" b6 g/ x( t* @  She said: "There is a lot of bird song and lovely wildlife. You see squirrels every day. It's just a lovely place to live."
6 h5 Y! B! d: v. V  她说:“这里有可爱的野生动植物,天天可以听到小鸟的歌声,看到松鼠的身影。这里简直是个世外桃源。”

本版积分规则

关闭

下沙大学生网推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表