打印 上一主题 下一主题

Speech at Chicago (11月6日) -Obama

关闭 [复制链接]

该用户从未签到

跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2008-11-24 11:28:20 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Hello, Chicago.
8 `/ Z; k1 j. W
7 n/ L$ V( v7 c) |! {2 T0 wIf there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where
* [; G0 G6 a" `4 G, l8 n, a2 uall things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is 7 Q$ j4 }- a- G" H2 o8 {1 f
alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight
0 R# H/ [6 z, x- K) e- A; }$ I1 Ais your answer.6 a5 d: m" R/ N% ^* u% e

5 _3 N+ S+ i' ^& bIt's the answer told by lines that stretched around schools and churches in
6 ~; d* S. d4 o* K3 Q% C+ A" |numbers this nation has never seen, by people who waited three hours and
6 U) a8 \" e3 Dfour hours, many for the first time in their lives, because they believed * F% i6 N5 o0 S; G. T
that this time must be different, that their voices could be that
, K- {- |/ a! z  Y4 u9 `difference.1 C2 L4 v8 k9 i5 R! W1 Y: r
4 R7 T* G$ b' t) \& ^
It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and
9 T% W$ r2 W7 {! V2 v3 LRepublican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight,
+ U9 t# R0 N  q# k+ j" c2 U9 L  bdisabled and not disabled. Americans who sent a message to the world that
) Y9 f( n1 A5 ^) J' Ewe have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of red
9 e4 D: w: E$ t9 S, _states and blue states.) ^& @! N5 B" ?* L

4 }% w/ J. X8 q! ]/ Q, B; Z# w) nWe are, and always will be, the United States of America.
5 B  D: `0 d0 X$ s/ g5 H% L4 I& t% d* ]% A  }6 h% f
It's the answer that led those who've been told for so long by so many to
* J1 v9 L2 X' K# q; mbe cynical and fearful and doubtful about what we can achieve to put their ' h) U; U, j; g" I& \5 w
hands on the arc of history and bend it once more toward the hope of a
- V' {5 a: ~6 C2 o; Z! }( a& Dbetter day. Video Watch Obama's speech in its entirety ?8 {/ G: U8 ^* M6 V

. A: k2 p' S& d$ f0 J6 ]It's been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this
0 m8 b4 o) C; b. b2 |6 Adate in this election at this defining moment change has come to America.
0 K: w+ X2 i- H! k' q  x9 \: b$ Q5 o  m; w+ X* v3 |2 c9 g
A little bit earlier this evening, I received an extraordinarily gracious
" W& T+ z1 j7 M, f" g# K6 Jcall from Sen. McCain.! _4 O! z& ]2 S# ^
. i  b3 c- C: f6 A& b* o7 [
Sen. McCain fought long and hard in this campaign. And he's fought even ( [- t6 m/ @  C0 r2 U0 d
longer and harder for the country that he loves. He has endured sacrifices 8 e6 K+ }$ N" U! F3 D0 l
for America that most of us cannot begin to imagine. We are better off for 5 E4 U) }3 _) J
the service rendered by this brave and selfless leader.
3 `! x9 U; w: Z6 G
' r/ k# A( ~8 N* m" g% HI congratulate him; I congratulate Gov. Palin for all that they've
* R, p. `# y6 N6 X; ^) cachieved. And I look forward to working with them to renew this nation's
2 X0 A% k7 t7 Q" v! Mpromise in the months ahead.
1 o" m8 x+ q& P& E( R* {' X/ M3 K6 v; ]1 E( o8 R' z
I want to thank my partner in this journey, a man who campaigned from his 2 k8 K, t- A3 {7 n+ X
heart, and spoke for the men and women he grew up with on the streets of
: I7 \1 u. r( d2 s+ rScranton and rode with on the train home to Delaware, the vice : C9 N# L& q) u$ E0 K* o& |# s. H
president-elect of the United States, Joe Biden.6 X( U. N: ^7 x+ U6 z* u) D: N
8 Y; c% c% Y  e3 [
And I would not be standing here tonight without the unyielding support of ; _9 ]; V1 M3 L0 E" \
my best friend for the last 16 years the rock of our family, the love of my
  p2 j1 t! e3 [! ?* m3 a# [life, the nation's next first lady Michelle Obama.5 h: v% V* w6 q! U* f! L2 y% p; S
! T' V! h! m0 h3 N& S: v8 g/ h+ u
Sasha and Malia I love you both more than you can imagine. And you have 5 b! `( T1 w6 C$ {
earned the new puppy that's coming with us to the new White House.  u5 S7 u4 ?/ Y; [  r6 n# \

( e- ]& l' W; L' o+ FAnd while she's no longer with us, I know my grandmother's watching, along
  ^' J- u1 v% Q  h* Swith the family that made me who I am. I miss them tonight. I know that my
1 u1 \3 x/ D1 g6 u' Rdebt to them is beyond measure.; Q$ Z, d9 V, [) B1 d1 s, S, U

0 m6 b- t9 H5 dTo my sister Maya, my sister Alma, all my other brothers and sisters, thank
6 @6 v! o/ Z  Z- q9 q9 Cyou so much for all the support that you've given me. I am grateful to them.: o$ d5 w" {- e5 L6 s( M
# B, D6 H/ G8 w( P& U1 K9 F
And to my campaign manager, David Plouffe, the unsung hero of this
3 s. l" D/ E# t; K* O. Y, fcampaign, who built the best -- the best political campaign, I think, in
2 T" c- a: ~& S4 Z% ?6 H# J2 I: R: Z; p4 [the history of the United States of America.$ n% ]( f- D. {3 x

; x% j% @8 F3 R5 W2 h" ?+ [To my chief strategist David Axelrod who's been a partner with me every / M  {7 {2 ^. m9 T9 U7 ^# m* P9 V) i
step of the way.4 ^+ @$ b6 v2 K2 |2 d4 W) C/ U

+ B( l3 i- B( P! p8 o, }. ETo the best campaign team ever assembled in the history of politics you ; @* k% \3 y  p+ j# {7 q
made this happen, and I am forever grateful for what you've sacrificed to ' v+ @4 v$ G8 d1 @
get it done.# F6 N; q/ S% I/ e7 h0 p7 @) K

' U# T0 F: Y* @1 m: d6 EBut above all, I will never forget who this victory truly belongs to. It * @4 j* J$ y" G) b: z, D
belongs to you. It belongs to you.
5 f( T4 c" }  g. Q8 z( @
$ b, }6 T  N, ]$ ]) j/ nI was never the likeliest candidate for this office. We didn't start with . a+ r4 O0 T7 E) t
much money or many endorsements. Our campaign was not hatched in the halls
9 F6 s* U. S+ j: o( Cof Washington. It began in the backyards of Des Moines and the living rooms
$ A) Z; A& `  R+ w% w3 b, bof Concord and the front porches of Charleston. It was built by working men
/ z4 g1 N" A; B$ N5 s4 J: eand women who dug into what little savings they had to give $5 and $10 and ( `% n0 d9 X) K( {7 O0 {8 d
$20 to the cause.0 N5 c7 Q# C4 I1 h

Z% Q7 f  X$ Y: T1 e' QIt grew strength from the young people who rejected the myth of their
& V6 z7 D7 s" m  I, dgeneration's apathy who left their homes and their families for jobs that
; z+ f6 _% o. d# w# c/ p! Toffered little pay and less sleep.
8 U7 a, Y; [3 e: b
+ V4 d+ n/ d2 Y8 k2 Z- s8 kIt drew strength from the not-so-young people who braved the bitter cold
& V1 R5 N7 o/ p0 X$ e# Vand scorching heat to knock on doors of perfect strangers, and from the % O0 y; K9 n/ W/ {  m
millions of Americans who volunteered and organized and proved that more / O7 J# ]7 a) I* E3 M
than two centuries later a government of the people, by the people, and for & A) S6 t  I1 k+ }
the people has not perished from the Earth.; e: I  v2 l% J5 z5 G. g  o8 I
/ @; b) u# P2 t4 j1 X) B0 B
This is your victory.
8 a5 _8 m) s4 F) u! e5 [
- C/ k  L) k5 H7 @" U  `0 N! p8 _6 g  `And I know you didn't do this just to win an election. And I know you 4 C% E- v. |$ Z# Z
didn't do it for me.
$ Z' ^* _! }0 w; X4 j$ Z1 a! R, a; x1 x2 H  V' z2 x" ], A+ A9 \
You did it because you understand the enormity of the task that lies ahead. % ]- |/ d, s  o! {/ O1 F% E
For even as we celebrate tonight, we know the challenges that tomorrow will - E; [: Q* W& u) _- n
bring are the greatest of our lifetime -- two wars, a planet in peril, the
$ U9 Z( o9 b* ~3 ~7 ?! S+ Oworst financial crisis in a century.9 `8 p0 p* ~% m7 d

7 j; e4 ~" h! q1 L! ~4 UEven as we stand here tonight, we know there are brave Americans waking up
4 D. s$ {2 w, S- d6 pin the deserts of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan to risk their lives 9 o  d) b# c  ?+ w7 B& y; y1 N
for us.
( a" G9 v6 g6 M# Z& O" c) ^8 ~: ^+ q4 R& ^) e4 e, a' A
There are mothers and fathers who will lie awake after the children fall
  t- ^5 }5 W3 j4 F. d" m7 @asleep and wonder how they'll make the mortgage or pay their doctors' bills 6 d) P3 W: c0 L+ ~) o
or save enough for their child's college education.- ?" b" t% j: a' m/ s/ I- A9 q6 ^
9 I5 q) v! h' t( a
There's new energy to harness, new jobs to be created, new schools to # g8 t' W$ f* E0 e- H9 O
build, and threats to meet, alliances to repair.
2 U. ?' \' i5 O% j; X3 U
6 M1 S, h# |9 A9 C7 _6 e" d& Y& ^9 |The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there ( P; g  Z- e6 g9 k' f
in one year or even in one term. But, America, I have never been more
7 Z5 d. r0 g* r) y  Y" J* h' ahopeful than I am tonight that we will get there.
+ {7 `7 @1 S0 Y) g) u4 z! y2 K+ ~# E: K' V" h1 ]
I promise you, we as a people will get there.
, _4 b$ z9 t8 t! y" L6 C6 b  g( X  i2 D" h: F
There will be setbacks and false starts. There are many who won't agree # p1 B& Z3 u9 |0 ^* t; x
with every decision or policy I make as president. And we know the " o: e- O) t2 D2 M: ?7 k4 _
government can't solve every problem.; J# V: j0 [+ y

+ F) l; @: {2 |; M5 s) X$ ~% k+ LBut I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face. I will ' v- V9 J+ I2 N6 V8 m
listen to you, especially when we disagree. And, above all, I will ask you 6 n( u; H# u4 _9 n+ `# P2 B8 o
to join in the work of remaking this nation, the only way it's been done in 2 C* y# v" M8 u; N3 _5 x0 ^0 O
America for 221 years -- block by block, brick by brick, calloused hand by
/ ?/ P9 i4 w/ Z, d9 m9 E8 rcalloused hand.
; t4 h' G. q+ U1 x* |( a
3 [5 e0 ?: C( O, Z% yWhat began 21 months ago in the depths of winter cannot end on this autumn
0 ^  C# c! \# k  x, gnight.
' h0 R6 ?' M" ^( Y4 C! H4 ]4 e6 M: r( p* F- e  B, s4 q+ l
This victory alone is not the change we seek. It is only the chance for us % y, T4 i+ w  R6 D! l2 {4 F
to make that change. And that cannot happen if we go back to the way things 7 Q2 l7 ?, h8 \: v2 \
were., f1 v) W$ k; V8 c
. M6 i3 ~4 t: d
It can't happen without you, without a new spirit of service, a new spirit + c' _* W  I0 L: _# V
of sacrifice.
* z8 _# _) a% g7 y3 G+ B' C- a
: }1 R& I" }/ i+ H# {6 {So let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility, where each
9 ]2 H0 y: j8 cof us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only
: {  ~; u& ~$ I: ~! iourselves but each other.
6 J3 E4 r+ a  I4 B* r  Y2 _/ t! a. ]# v0 L$ _' X
Let us remember that, if this financial crisis taught us anything, it's & D- @7 m  J. n9 E) s
that we cannot have a thriving Wall Street while Main Street suffers.
3 k1 Q( P+ f4 h) e6 G9 x0 c2 o" S7 F. [" ]
In this country, we rise or fall as one nation, as one people. Let's resist
- F1 }# G5 {4 t9 Y  rthe temptation to fall back on the same partisanship and pettiness and
) M( w, F6 i- f0 \immaturity that has poisoned our politics for so long.8 D9 ]  g: w% h, o) Y4 E" X5 z
% C# S. \) l7 ~& ?2 T- K( u- W
Let's remember that it was a man from this state who first carried the
- A- S% c& {% h7 q- V: Q* lbanner of the Republican Party to the White House, a party founded on the 4 G- g) p; f. y) e* M" n/ E+ O
values of self-reliance and individual liberty and national unity.4 }" {# @4 G% i; ~: E

$ |' y6 t( {! N# LThose are values that we all share. And while the Democratic Party has won $ f# P" j3 y1 B4 [' B& F- Q
a great victory tonight, we do so with a measure of humility and 8 r/ q$ E7 y) E. X, A( P5 y
determination to heal the divides that have held back our progress.
) e  k2 `" i4 i) b5 T+ i: E
& L0 @+ X1 h, r8 y6 `. JAs Lincoln said to a nation far more divided than ours, we are not enemies
6 b# Q# c0 l3 v5 K! b2 Rbut friends. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds 5 E2 {! Q4 j* R4 d4 g7 F4 s
of affection.' [/ H' b: f1 n- s5 y
+ `* z$ x( `( M4 N  U9 n' }
And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn, I may not have won
2 D: T/ J0 Q% \+ k" r8 E( v% Q' yyour vote tonight, but I hear your voices. I need your help. And I will be . B; n' P6 j9 b( s
your president, too.
, r+ V4 k9 J  ?$ l6 i2 X* B* L" n
And to all those watching tonight from beyond our shores, from parliaments ( k% i9 Q6 U) V2 b3 Z. m
and palaces, to those who are huddled around radios in the forgotten
1 Q( n' S9 [; X2 P; Ecorners of the world, our stories are singular, but our destiny is shared, # u. j7 ^2 {: G  G: R+ L
and a new dawn of American leadership is at hand.
4 n0 |8 z7 l* y! u4 [) f: K" d1 ?8 {# K& ^2 y, ]; s
To those -- to those who would tear the world down: We will defeat you. To 6 }$ I- g; W. r2 g' s, F# o
those who seek peace and security: We support you. And to all those who - p+ s1 ?, _- T; T: w$ x
have wondered if America's beacon still burns as bright: Tonight we proved $ i' R! ?3 j# w) _& p: I2 i
once more that the true strength of our nation comes not from the might of
, }3 f# e4 [4 [) N4 d- Z( R3 u8 Uour arms or the scale of our wealth, but from the enduring power of our
" E: B7 N$ O1 A  F1 H0 m5 rideals: democracy, liberty, opportunity and unyielding hope./ b9 Y  u) @( ^/ }& C) w
. N! N1 I  m, S( G' [" Y
That's the true genius of America: that America can change. Our union can . p9 C6 Q+ K* A7 T
be perfected. What we've already achieved gives us hope for what we can and 2 f  p/ g1 C+ O0 k. L% m' \( s
must achieve tomorrow.
' d6 q5 v6 ~" |: |0 T' ~( a2 |1 V1 O6 k) _* T) a
This election had many firsts and many stories that will be told for
, V- x9 p+ t/ f6 B( H2 O" B& Jgenerations. But one that's on my mind tonight's about a woman who cast her 9 s0 [. f( ^' s3 _% C  N" _1 u
ballot in Atlanta. She's a lot like the millions of others who stood in * F  I- |1 n" }" Y5 m& M
line to make their voice heard in this election except for one thing: Ann ; n  R) p5 L+ S) D0 F
Nixon Cooper is 106 years old.
  E/ h! I' {5 @/ F
+ ?8 j7 o$ q3 _3 M: y/ XShe was born just a generation past slavery; a time when there were no cars
. h4 T( |8 B2 w; P$ Pon the road or planes in the sky; when someone like her couldn't vote for # k5 M" q+ i  \% x
two reasons -- because she was a woman and because of the color of her skin.7 k$ q( `4 ^, v& E- B4 q

. j* W1 F- J3 q7 k" [. e; C- f: Y2 |And tonight, I think about all that she's seen throughout her century in % r- Z& ]. ^0 ^5 s5 ]& X$ L7 Q) o
America -- the heartache and the hope; the struggle and the progress; the 8 q5 x# M+ ?9 I, e
times we were told that we can't, and the people who pressed on with that 6 Z$ Y* Q7 U" T$ z+ P( W( c
American creed: Yes we can.
: n0 g7 M& m- D$ _3 c; a
  |' g5 |- j' B6 ]; G6 V8 \9 uAt a time when women's voices were silenced and their hopes dismissed, she , h$ `( m0 @5 R1 _; \0 x9 C# t
lived to see them stand up and speak out and reach for the ballot. Yes we
: j) k( s' ]: i3 S- O- K5 tcan.
6 u! {6 H9 a; ?) c6 G: l& H. p: t6 b
6 A# ]/ e7 s+ J) y* t, k( V/ c' mWhen there was despair in the dust bowl and depression across the land, she + d7 M& e1 t# o- N
saw a nation conquer fear itself with a New Deal, new jobs, a new sense of " D' }/ I: N& D* \
common purpose. Yes we can.& X: d- }! l: o' J' ?! A

% ~- Z) r( S/ K' xWhen the bombs fell on our harbor and tyranny threatened the world, she was
  n: c" E' w: f" N$ E; Dthere to witness a generation rise to greatness and a democracy was saved.
9 T3 s( }, |9 [- {3 l% wYes we can.
! Y2 n) M  }  Q9 e7 ^5 N+ N  Q9 ]& i: L/ U4 H$ e7 G
She was there for the buses in Montgomery, the hoses in Birmingham, a $ m  o6 t! V/ L" h9 @
bridge in Selma, and a preacher from Atlanta who told a people that "We 5 S4 o, q) l2 |3 q; ^8 L  ]
Shall Overcome." Yes we can.
) w/ d; l: r: p) {
7 \6 m9 ~' B+ A1 J% ^! T! Q# ZA man touched down on the moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was ' S9 l% n- w0 K- A: T% V" b: D( a. o
connected by our own science and imagination.
+ l) J0 c" {+ W* `7 ]$ i( ?* K6 p7 C
And this year, in this election, she touched her finger to a screen, and
+ p6 c6 i& R- X( E  dcast her vote, because after 106 years in America, through the best of
' X* D9 H7 h( x) Gtimes and the darkest of hours, she knows how America can change.+ W+ n3 W) T+ C* a1 v% P! w
0 {0 E+ q% t8 G- S. V
Yes we can.
5 \. }8 a6 N7 b6 I3 z/ {1 W( N6 W: [& v/ `( N
America, we have come so far. We have seen so much. But there is so much 4 {- o9 I4 M/ E* T  w
more to do. So tonight, let us ask ourselves -- if our children should live ) w/ |& S! e0 |  e' a5 t
to see the next century; if my daughters should be so lucky to live as long
0 `4 @$ R4 `; _& Y' O' c% U4 Eas Ann Nixon Cooper, what change will they see? What progress will we have
) ~5 S: a0 _/ n# Y+ @$ e  ~4 b) q) Mmade?' T1 R- F9 R( \. D5 O* p5 c5 ^
6 k  N! a3 Y7 v  D
This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment.
: N) G; S: Y- z
1 D4 K) C, `3 Z5 a! {1 s* B: |! gThis is our time, to put our people back to work and open doors of
! w/ k  M( X1 B6 K! }opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of
& o% _2 ]. @+ E% l/ x. r5 Vpeace; to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth, 2 A$ |+ k# u: B4 _' I5 G; R
that, out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope. And where we 9 P  w7 f" N, d/ \  _5 m
are met with cynicism and doubts and those who tell us that we can't, we
  t, m; b  c& n" L' e( `- Ewill respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people:
4 {- H. H. V, K) {# M) J8 IYes, we can.5 }3 T  r' r7 b* k% {
Thank you. God bless you. And may God bless the United States of America.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 顶 踩 转发到微博

本版积分规则

关闭

下沙大学生网推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表