新会员必读 大学生的论坛下沙新生必读下沙币获得方法及使用
查看: 11184|回复: 1
打印 上一主题 下一主题

史上最慢快递:94年后寄到

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2011-3-24 11:31:27 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Home card: Alfred Arthur, 19, sent the note to his sister Ellen in January 1916 at the height of the Great War A First World War postcard has finally been delivered - a staggering 94 years after it was sent. Soldier Alfred Arthur, 19, sent the card to his sister Ellen, known as Nell, in January 1916 at the height of the Great War. Tragically the hero was killed in the brutal fighting which killed millions from all sides in the blood-soaked trenches on the Western Front in France。. N6 m6 w; K6 P6 o8 u
第一次世界大战的硝烟早已经散去,让我们铭记起这场战争只有目前为数不多的黑白照片以及当时的纪录片等等,谁也没有想到,一张由一战19岁的士兵Alfred Arthur在1916年邮寄出的贺卡,在快100年之后才邮寄到家中,这恐怕是史上最慢的"快递"了。据悉,这张“古老的”贺卡是在士兵Alfred Arthur在法国即将上前线前邮寄给自己的姐姐的,当时他希望自己参战后能按时返家,与姐姐见面。十分不幸的是,Alfred Arthur在发出贺卡后就牺牲在战场上了,而这张贺卡却在94年之后才邮寄到.。。/ y8 C7 q1 x: T: C) V6 S
'The postcard is dated 1916 and bears a cartoon picture of a newly-recruited soldier on the front. Thoughtful Alfred has written to his beloved sister: 'Dear Nell, Just a postcard to let you know I have not forgotten you. 'On the other side you will see our orders for next week. I will need your pity.Drop me a line, your brother Alfred.'
+ S; k8 y7 }$ A1 C0 o1 l+ S据悉,这张贺卡产自1916年,卡片的封面是一个新招募的士兵在前线奋勇杀敌的图案。而19岁的士兵Alfred Arthur在贺卡中是这样写给他挚爱的姐姐的,他在贺卡中说道:“亲爱的姐姐,为了表达我多么想念你的心情,邮寄一张贺卡给你,下礼拜我们会有新的任务,真是好无奈啊!看到贺卡后能给我回信吗?你亲爱的弟弟: Alfred。”
" H% W: L9 K) ~0 ^$ B' ^. q9 RHis sister Nell died, still heartbroken by his brutal wartime death, in 1964. Mrs Bleach said: 'We were really, really sad and we thought we've just got to find out more about this because it's such a beautiful story.'I am a strong supporter of the Help for Heroes charity and hope that people will donate when they remember the soldiers who also haven't come back to their families。
; I- h- u) \2 O2 |, e" J19岁的士兵Alfred Arthur的姐姐 Nell 在知道弟弟在战场中牺牲的消息后,于1964年伤心过度而死亡。士兵的后人Mrs Bleach 说道:“这是一个很凄美的战争亲情的故事,我愿意在适当的时候将贺卡捐赠给纪念在战场中阵亡的士兵慈善协会,这些因战争最终无法回到家庭,感受不到家庭温暖的战士们值得我们去缅怀。”3 O9 J$ F* V* ], P
'Not only was the postcard 94 years late, but it was also delivered to a different door number from the one it was addressed to.' But Royal Mail said it is very unlikely the card was with them all that time as they regularly clean out their sorting office and post boxes. The postcard's history for the last 94 years remains a total mystery。7 s6 f( e6 _9 F* s
记者获悉,这个史上最慢快递不仅仅是整整迟到了近100年,而且邮寄的地址还错了,邮寄到了邻居家。但是,英国皇家邮政否认是他们的失责,辩解称他们经常有规律的清理信箱以及邮局存放邮件的仓库,贺卡不大可能因他们的疏忽而导致邮寄的推迟。可能,这个一战贺卡为什么推迟了100年才邮寄成功的秘密永远是一个谜了。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 顶 踩 转发到微博

该用户从未签到

发表于 2018-1-20 14:30:37 | 只看该作者
我们在可恩学科英语学的,我的闺女周一到周五上了2堂课,孩子很喜欢,每天早早把作业写完按自己定好的时间先预习后早早的准备好进入教室学习,不用家长操心,自主学习,太好了,总之比在课外和外交一周一节的强太多了,另外下节课打算上1对2的会更好了!加油闺女!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

关闭

下沙大学生网推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表