打印 上一主题 下一主题

预测未来蔬菜长啥样

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2011-3-24 11:33:34 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 杭州泰弗尔英语 于 2011-3-24 14:48 编辑
. ]9 y( U" V) q- ~, N  P! y2 ~8 K# |9 T8 L7 z5 Y
They look more like the brightly lit shelves of a chemists shop than the rows of a vegetable garden。  它们看起来更像是化学商店里一排排灯火通明的货架,而不是蔬菜园里的一排排菜架。, x; L" X1 `4 L
  But according to their creators, these perfect looking vegetables could be the future of food。, o1 S' r" _: P3 @) f
  不过据它们的创始人说,这些看来完美无瑕的蔬菜可能就是我们未来的食物。
! D' m/ A6 w# B( D: e$ c( b: y3 _  In a perfectly controlled and totally sterile environment--uncontaminated by dirt, insects or fresh air--Japanese scientists are developing a new way of growing vegetables。
# y' P7 V+ M) H$ F! T: B! `; m  日本科学家正在开发一项蔬菜种植的新方法:整个环境完全由人工控制而且完全无菌,也就是说,这是一个既没有灰尘也没有昆虫和新鲜空气的环境。
/ ~# p- P: P# E( g6 C+ B  k  Called plant factories, these anonymous looking warehouses havesprung up across the country and can churn out immaculate looking lettuces and green leaves 24 hours a day, seven days a week。
* l& W, S" u+ q0 N' i/ C/ k  这些被称为种植工厂的不起眼库房如雨后春笋般遍布日本各地,它们每周7天、每天24小时不间断地大量生产这种完美无暇的生菜和各类绿叶菜。
- ~5 y5 A7 ]: _# m2 S- t4 R- l7 d- C& G/ ^  Every part of the plant's environment is controlled--from the lighting and temperature, to the humidity and water. Even the levels of carbon dioxide can be minutely altered。
3 V: u% ^# r  |, f  k5 ?, T  植物的每个生长环节处于完全控制中:从照明到温度、从湿度到水分。甚至二氧化碳的浓度每分钟也有改变。# @  Z/ X( i0 q% v, M0 @" J
  Rather than the conventional scruffy clothes and dirty fingernails of vegetable growers, the producers wear gloves, surgical masks and sort of dust proof protective suits normally seen in chemical plants。
& Q6 `4 W8 w* {) ?  工人们不像传统菜农那样穿着破衣服、留着脏指甲,他们都戴着手套和医用口罩,还穿着通常在化工厂才能见到的防尘防护服。
0 a' h! D) n. a4 c( G& H. I  The vegetables from plant factories--which include green leaf, romaine lettuce and garland chrysanthemum--are sold at a premium to Japanese shoppers. No pesticides are used--and there is no risk of contamination with food poisoning bugs。" [! V/ \& @& b6 P+ o- w* a
  日本消费者高价购买这些绿叶菜、长叶生菜、茼蒿等种植厂的蔬菜。没有使用农药,也就不存在被污染的蔬菜引起中毒的可能。& y0 W( |9 ?, H
Because the plants are grown in a clean room, they can be eaten safely without washing. Lettuce grown in the factories can be cropped up to 20 times a year。  因为这些植物种植在干净的房间里,不用水洗就可安全食用。在这里,生菜一年可以收割20次。
8 [1 T0 a+ k8 J+ l% G" P  Some factories are vast--and can produce three million vegetablesa year。
- l4 `$ |6 ~1 ^7 [4 g8 [) E  一些大型的种植工厂一年可以生产300万颗蔬菜。
5 m6 v" |6 }, O2 i  The results are hygienic, but it's about as far from real food as you can possibly get。- z0 C& s3 n( a4 h  a" K' Y2 k
  尽管产品很卫生,但这并非你所理解的真正意义上的食品。
; t% U( G% Z5 z* X( w8 {! D) N  The spread of plant factories has been encouraged by the Japanese government amid concerns about the use of chemicals in vegetables。
) K( p6 ?' F/ L" F1 k  在对使用化学蔬菜的担忧声中,这些种植工厂的普及得到了日本政府的支持。  K' `2 K& i3 c  G2 l
  A spokesman for the Ozu Corporation factory in Tokyo said: "Vegetables are produced in the factory without being exposed to the air outside."
3 D0 X% w% A! y" G9 c: a9 L  东京大洲公司工厂的发言人说:“工厂内种植的蔬菜与外界空气完全隔绝。
2 a: u/ `' @: ?; F/ j1 ]  "Stable production is guaranteed throughout the year by controlling lighting, temperature, humidity, carbon dioxide and water. They can also meet the demands of consumers who want safe foods."
# X# _2 M8 Y3 h2 U0 t  “通过控制照明、温度、湿度、二氧化碳和水,可以保证全年产量的稳定。这些产品还满足了消费者对安全食品的要求。”7 Q8 C+ H, x! K8 w
  Plant factories have yet to arrive in the UK. The closest Britain has are the vast greenhouses in the south of England where millions of tomatoes are grown hydroponically--without soil。% S/ j- _; n4 e3 ~
  这种类型的种植工厂尚未出现在英国。在英国,与此最相似的是英格兰南部广阔的蔬菜温室,那里数百万的西红柿不是种在土里,而是水培种植。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 顶 踩 转发到微博

本版积分规则

关闭

下沙大学生网推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表